Asparagus is one of the few vegetables that my kids love so we cook it all the time for dinner around here. This recipe adds just enough taste without making it heavy.
- 2 teaspoons Dijon Mustard
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound asparagus ends trimmed off
In a medium bowl, whisk mustard, vinegar and 1 tbsp oil. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
In a large skillet, saute asparagus in a tiny bit of olive oil, salt, and pepper for 5-6 minutes or until tender. Transfer asparagus to a serving dish and drizzle with the vinaigrette. Can be served warm or chilled.